Bercon Rentals Inc., is offering an excellent opportunity for a full-time permanent Road Service Technician reporting to the Service Manager who is ready to grow their career with the leading company in the industry. To continue our tremendous success and unparalleled growth, we are searching for a qualified and ambitious individual to perform maintenance and repairs of equipment with limited or no supervision in a highly skilled, safe and professional manner. You will be heavily relied upon to ensure our customers are provided exceptional customer service at every interaction.
- Maintenance and repair of complex mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and diesel systems on a variety of rental and customer equipment and tools while using a high degree of independent judgment
- Travel to customer job sites for repair/maintenance of rental or customer owned equipment; must maintain service vehicle in a clean and professional manner
- Assist in the training of lower level technicians as needed
- Maintain paperwork/electronic documentation of work performed (work orders) in a complete and timely manner on a daily basis
- Assist with pick-up and delivery of equipment & parts
- Other duties assigned as needed
Qualifications or Skills Required
- High School Diploma
- Must posses a valid Heavy Equipment Service Technician License and at least 3-5 years of related experience
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record
- Experience in customer service
- Have strong mechanical background knowledge with various engines and hydraulic systems
- Have a good understanding of schematics and diagrams
- Exhibit teamwork
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Employees are expected to own the tools applicable to position
- Knowledge of equipment from brands such as Skyjack, JLG and Genie is an asset
*Compensation will be commensurate with experience
Why Should You Apply?
- This is an exciting opportunity to grow your career and earnings potential with an industry-leading company with a high standard for excellence.
- If you’re our next team member, we offer competitive compensation which includes:
- $2000.00 Signing Bonus (to be paid after completion of one year)
- Hourly rate + OT after 44 hrs.
- Full benefits package including medical, dental and life insurance
- Company-matching pension plan
- Training programs
- An experienced supportive management team and a great team atmosphere
We thank all individuals for their applications. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals and specifically applicants from underrepresented groups – including indigenous persons, vulnerable youth, newcomers, and persons with disabilities – who may contribute to the continued diversification of our organization.